Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone has heard of any manufacurers that are making a bolt action shotguns. I know that Savage and Tarhunt make slug rifles, but I was looking for a smooth bore. I learned to hunt with an old Mossberg 185 and would like to have one again, but maybe something a little more updated. The old Mossberg took many rabbits to meet their maker and was more of a challenge than a pump.
Thanks

·
Super Moderator
3,829 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

I would check out the used gun racks at a few shops. I usually see bolt action shotguns at very reasonable prices. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw a picture on gunblast.com of a new model bolt action from Keystone Sporting Arms looks cool

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,428 Posts
I've got a 20 gauge I'd sell...
Mossy 185.

PM me

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
Marlin made a goose gun for a number of years. 12 gauge full choke with a 30 inch barrel was the last one that I played with. I dumped a crow into the river with it while catfishing. Moved the boat upstream a little at the shot and made an impression on me as well!

I would not buy a bolt-action scatter-gun myself. That one worked fine though.

Cheezywan

·
Registered
92 Posts
hitman,
Used is about it far as I know lots of them around this area, I would think they would be common all over. I'd own more than the one I have if they were made in a lefty version.
I like the removable box mag. and stout feeling they have. Good luck.
rustycrusty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts