Shooters Forum banner

201 - 206 of 206 Posts

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,470 Posts
Believe it or don't but I have a circa 1979 788 that has over 12,000 rounds through it. Olde Granny can still put 5 in under an inch at one hundred yards from a cold bore.

RJ

Reactions: MusgraveMan

·
Registered
6,881 Posts
On that statement I would hate to be a jackal in SA, if there are any left.Had a 22-250 for many years which killed a load of foxes and roe deer and was still shooting sub moa when a game keeper made me an offer I couldn't refuse and he shot far more so fluufy things than I ever did and probably still is.
You will never eradicate jackal by shooting them - but of course I should have added that the same guys do the shooting of blesbok and springbok for the European meat market.

Sheep farmers are reintroducing caracal - or rather allowing them to proliferate as the sheep they catch are lesser in numbers than the numbers of jackal they kill.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Recoil Junky, it is obvious you did the right thing caring for your rifle to get that many rounds and it still keep up.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #205
Ozhunter - you're asking for something of 9 years ago? Yes, as I recall, The info was published data. Now ask where it came from. At 82, I can't remember what I read last week, let alone 9 years ago! :eek:

Reactions: Darkker
201 - 206 of 206 Posts