Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Last week, I thought I would take a chance and call a few Cabelas stores to see if they could
get a Marlin 1895CB rifle. I decided to call the West Virginia store first since it is fairly close
to my location here in western North Carolina. Low and behold, they had one in stock!! Wow.

$689.99 + $25.00 shipping = $714.99.

Then I remembered Cabelas emailed me a dicount coupon code for $20.00 of orders of $150.00
or more.

So the total damage was $694.99.

Wonder if the standard sights are good enough on the 1895CB, or if I should upgrade
them to XS Ghost sights like my other Marlin lever actions? :D

·
Registered
263 Posts
I have an XLR in 450 Marlin and I replaced the sights... mine are Brockman.

I expect all Marlin Big Bore Rifle sights are the same... I would replace them with the XS Ghost sights

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have the XS Ghost ring set up on my 444 and for close work I like them very much!

Attachments

·
Registered
109 Posts
I would use the Ghost Ring sights. Nice purchase..... I would like a 45/70, and would like to know how the 1895CB handles w/ a 26" barrel. I am gonna guess that I'll like the 1895 w/ 22" barrel better or the guide gun since it will be used for huntin' deer, black bear, and hogs in thick woods. Do you have any of the other models to compare? good luck with it

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have XS ghost ring rear and ramp front on my 1895G, and a Williams Foolproof with a Lyman glove front on my 1895CB.

·
Registered
96 Posts
You might also look into a set of Skinner Sights.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I switched mine to the Williams peep site.

I can either screw in the provided eye piece, or leave it out for the ghost ring effect.

A Red-Dot site could easily replace either one of them.

As it was I wound up buying the Williams peep site first, and have never regretted it.

On this particular matter I'm most sure !! Had I first bought one of the other site's I seriously dought that I would have ever regretted it.

If money is playing a part in the selection then by all means choose the more economical.

Put plainly,,, You just can't go wrong, which ever you select. Provided that there each from a good named brand manufacturer.

Now of course some joe blow named manufacturer could just as easily have as good a product. Though that's the sort of advice that's not so easily given.

Quite frankly all choises wind up coming out of your pocket book. If you know what I mean ....??

It can all be so good, given the right choise that is.

On my many lever guns I've got scopes, peeps, and open sites.

My original 30/30 winchester sports a peep, along with my Marlin 45/70. My 1892 along with my 1895 are opened sited. Others are scoped, and opened sited as well.

My truthful feelings about them all, can be wrapped up by say this...

I love them all each and every one them.

He He He !!!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts