Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Beartooth Regular
2,146 Posts
Mad`,
Beartooth does make some bullets that are appropriate for black powder cartridge, though it looks like they are generally in the LBT configurations. You can order the bullets lubed with SPG bullet lube specifically for black powder.
Marshall would have to provide any other details because that's all I know! I don't work for Beartooth. What caliber(s) are you interested in shooting?
IDShooter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I cast my own bullets but I know of several shooters that buy bullets. Most everyone shoots 40 caliberX400 grain, or 45 caliberX500+ grain bullets. Just wondered why Beartooth doesn't offer anything in this range?
As a match director I can tell you that more and more shooters are buying their bullets to save time and hassle in reloading.
Mad`

·
Beartooth Regular
2,146 Posts
Hi Mad`,
That's a good question, and I'm sure Marshall would be interested if there's enough of a market to warrant having the molds made up. Perhaps you should send him a PM.
One thought I had is that high volume match shooters may not want to pay the price for the Beartooth bullets. The Beartooth bullets are hand cast and heat treated for premium hunting results, thus are relatively costly (when some folks think of cast bullets they think "cheap") and specialized projectiles. They are hard to beat for their intended use, but I'm not sure if they fit the market you describe. I'm sure it's something Marshall would be willing to discuss with you! (I guess I shouldn't be speaking for him, but until you talk with him I guess I'll have to do!)
If you discuss this with Marshall let us know how it turns out. IDShooter

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really don't care if you make them or not. I was just giving you a "Heads-up" for your business. You do not have to heat treat the bullets. All BPCS shooters use 20 or 30 to 1 lead/tin with NO antimony. You don't need to size or lube either. Just cast em' and sell em'. Most shooters have custom sizing dies to fit their rifle barrel and they also use there own secret recipe bullet lube.
Mad`

·
Beartooth Regular
5,218 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Mad,

We are perfectly willing to consider and make most any cast projectile, and yes, thay may be purchased lubed with our standard blue lube, SPG for black powder application, or "as cast" simply by asking! However, one aspect that we don't offer selection on is our alloy composition. Our standard alloy is all that we use, and all that we currently have time to produce. The specialized 1-20 or 1-30 tin/lead alloys you specify we currently do not offer, nor have we plans at this time to offer them as an option.

Thank you for your informative posts, and again, we're always open to tooling up for a desired bullet, either after sufficient demand is shown, or someone wants to pursue our custom bullet services.

God Bless,

Marshall
Beartooth Bullets

1 - 8 of 8 Posts