Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Back when I was shooting my AR at the range often I made a brass catcher using a heavy duty Minnow dip net. It worked great at the bench. So here鈥檚 my problem. I reload for a pistol (Glock G 20) and have a hard Time collecting brass. Is there a brass catcher for pistols 馃檮 or has anyone else solved this problem this pistol seems to throw brass everywhere l鈥檓 struggling to pick up even half a mag. Don鈥檛 want to buy new brass and loss half of it. Looking for ideas

The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
Seems I've seen them advertised by Midway USA. Might give them a look.

Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
Seems like there's one you wear "like a glove", I don't recall where I saw it though. A feller could make one out of a coat hanger and some nylon screen and affix it to your shooting glove maybe?

RJ

Registered
Saw your post yesterday morning or so, and now today an add on another site pops up wanting to sell a pop up mosquito tent. It pops up really easy. Was wondering if one could shoot inside the tent (shooting out of the door) and all brass would be collected inside. Cost on E-bay for these is $50....................................................

Registered
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Graco brass catchers. Looks like what I鈥檓 looking for. https://www.gracomodels.com
This arrived yesterday I went to range today. Mounted it on my Glock 10mm. It works great it catch all but 1 round out of 25 shot. You can鈥檛 really tell it鈥檚 there mounted under The barrel. If you reload for pistols get one. If nothing else it will save your back from bending so much.

Registered
I have been looking for a butterfly net I can easily modify the shaft to attach to a shooting table. Dollar tree advertises them for a dollar, but they have been out everywhere. I want to make a brass catcher for my .380 shells.
Ohio Rusty ><>

Registered
I got some of those dollar tree butterfly nets for my grandkids a couple of years ago. Kind of small. Would have to be almost attached to the ejection port for it to work. I was thinking of getting a fitted bed sheet from the thrift store and possible making a frame from PVC pipe. The shells would hit the bed sheet and then drop down into the folds of the sheet.

Registered
The only brass catcher I ever built was a table-mounted screen for auto pistol brass. I wouldn't care to have something attached to me or the pistol.

Premium Member
I've got tarp folded up under the bench. When somebody wants to catch brass they spread it out....carefully! There's a big bull snake that thinks its his.

Registered
I got a brass catcher for my 45acp and the other auto pistols at a gun shop I also got one for my ar and my 308 on a a10 platform that catches my brass great you just have to get it adjusted right Forest

1 - 11 of 11 Posts