Shooters Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Brasso works the best for me on the brass on my rifles. Another good one is Never Dull. Never Dull comes as this cotton cloth impregnated with the brass cleaner. You tear off a little bit and start scrubbing.

·
Registered
3,656 Posts
Never Dull is good stuff on all sorts of metal for polishing.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Brasso's good, but can leave residue in tiny cracks and corners.
NevRDull is good too. And it leaves no residue. It doesn't work quite as quickly as Brasso but I like it because you tear off a swab only as big as you need.
Both are long favorites in the military, for polishing brass.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Duron. It's cleaner not a harsh abrasive & acid mixture like most others but works fast & easy yet gentle enough to use on glass and plastic (except "coated" optics).

·
Registered
183 Posts
I don't care for shiny brass so I just wipe down with the oily cloth that I use on the other metal surfaces. I have used both Brasso and Nevr Dull on other brass things tho and both work nicely.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Brasso and elbow grease if the brass is really dirty.....never thought of using Ballistol as was posted earlier.....will give it a try. Use Ballistol for my M/L's tho in the bbl and around the lock areas for clean up.

·
Registered
2,536 Posts
I use dirty blackpowder cleaning patches to wipe down my brass parts. Makes a nice patina. If you must polish then Flitz is the best I have found. Wont hurt the wood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts