Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jamison brass any good? I dont have any experience with it but they have some calibers in stock that I've been looking for. Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
375 Posts
gunchamp,
i just bought some of their brass for a hard to find caliber. 9.3X64. i haven't loaded and fired it yet but i can tell you it is dimensionally correct. also compared to RWS unfired cases, weight wise the tolerances are closer. 20 cases i weighed went from 216.1 gr. to 216.3. the RWS varied by about 3.5 gr. per 20 weighed, 213 to 216.6 gr.
should be able to buy with confidence.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I haven't used it and most likely never will but there are a couple of things I would look for that rules out most cheap brass for my use.

First and foremost, is the flash hole centered in the primer pocket and uniform in size? If not, trash it.

Is the brass fairly uniform in volume and thickness.

I find Winchester brass is fairly good brass but there is one thing I don't like about it. What I've bought of it, it's almost exactly the minimum trim too length. This might sound good, but not if you want to trim it to your particular chamber. Factory barrels can require .050" or more extra length to get my prefered clearance of .005".

Overall, I think Winchester brass is more uniform than Remington but Remington has the extra length that requires trimming to get to the trim too length, and with a little sorting, it works just fine.

Lapua is probably the better of the brasses but with a lot of sorting, the cheaper Remington brass works just fine, and if you live by the trim to length, Winchester brass is good. Based on how pickey you are, by the time you weed through the Rem and WW brass, the Lapua is not that much more.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This stuff is fairly expensive. A good bit more than hornady brass. Thats why I want to make sure its good before I shell out the cash. Dont want to buy a bunch and have it end up trash.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts