Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i have a lot of once fired brass mostly in 30 06 but some 30 30..
i don t reload ..any advice would be helpful as to what i could get out of it..i don t reload and am in financial trouble,due to illness in family..
any ideas as to what it might be worth appreciated..
please don t make offers as this forum,[handloading equipment]is not for that purpose..
just need some idea..thanks slim..

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
I'd just sit on it slim. You already own it. I'd sure like to turn you into a handloader!
A real cheap way is a LEE LOADER hand tool.

Reading your posts as long as I have, You could have MADE MONEY by now In my view.
You don't shoot all that much. You are very "persnickity" about your choice of ammo. You are also a "cheapskate" like me.

I, or folks here, will get you started for near $100 for a 30-06.

I'll send you (free) your first 100 bullets. They will be Speer 0.308" 150 grain spitzers #2023 if you will start hand-loading for that rifle.

Let me know here on this board of your thoughts. We can make arangements after that.

Cheezywan

·
Super Moderator
13,624 Posts
Just to answer the original question, most used but not processed rifle brass runs about 2.5 to 3.5 cents each online. If you process (clean, remove military crimps if any, size, trim, chamfer and deburr) that'll raise them to 5.0 to 6.5 cents each, depending on the size. Do be aware that making money selling cartridge components to the public technically requires an FFL. I don't know how they handle the broker sales or one-time estate sales or one-time divestiture of personal property? If it's not a regular business for you it seems to me it should fall under the private sales exclusion and they may not care, but I would call the ATF and ask, just to be safe? You may want to put them on consignment through a local gun shop if you don't get a clear answer or don't have friends or relatives who will buy them?

·
Registered
7,701 Posts
unclenick's prices are likely correct slim. For sure worth more there than in the scrap brass market.
It is already a "value added product" due to it's form as a reloadable cartridge case.

I must add though, that your used brass has it's "most value" to you and your firearms. Simple tools can save you money by re-cycling those cases. Can get "scrap price" at the end of the life-cycle too!

I sure wish you and your good wife well slim.

Cheezywan

·
Banned
6,248 Posts
Good quality once fired 30-06 brass can be worth as much as $.20 each... I don't know on .30-30 brass, likely a bit less though.

·
Registered
1,846 Posts
Look over at gibrass.com. That guy sells a lot of brass at times, and I think you'll be surprised at what it goes for.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts