Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Super Moderator
14,119 Posts
Just to answer the original question, most used but not processed rifle brass runs about 2.5 to 3.5 cents each online. If you process (clean, remove military crimps if any, size, trim, chamfer and deburr) that'll raise them to 5.0 to 6.5 cents each, depending on the size. Do be aware that making money selling cartridge components to the public technically requires an FFL. I don't know how they handle the broker sales or one-time estate sales or one-time divestiture of personal property? If it's not a regular business for you it seems to me it should fall under the private sales exclusion and they may not care, but I would call the ATF and ask, just to be safe? You may want to put them on consignment through a local gun shop if you don't get a clear answer or don't have friends or relatives who will buy them?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.