Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently purchased an H&R Buffalo Classic, and it seems there is a little up and down play in the action. Is there something I can do to tighten it back up, or do I need to take it to a competent 'smith? Was a great deal...Tax free 2nd Amendment weekend + 10% off for being the display model (other one they had in box had hunk, not piece, of wood missing from the stock) Love this thing, hope its an easy fix.

·
Registered
867 Posts
Pay a visit to go2gbo.com, the NEF forum and check out the FAQ. There is more info there than you can use. To answer your question, yes you can fix it yourself if you're handy with tools. Goatwhiskers the Elder

·
Registered
2 Posts
Break open single shot action loose

A while back Shooting Times had a piece on fixing a break action shotgun. It should be the same. I don't know the date. Maybe some other reader might know. bsstan

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,127 Posts
Usually, the hinge pin gets worn or the holes in the receiver become stretched (i.e., T/C Contender woes). Refitting a larger pin cures this problem. Not sure it the same application would help your's or not.

·
Registered
547 Posts
They probably swapped a barrel to a different guns frame. The guys on Graybeards as stated above have a good FAQ for shimming these. 8)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts