Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering getting a .300 WM in my fav. rifle a ruger. I have never
shot a .300 and dont know about the recoil. My question is if I get it and decide it
is to much, should I consider one of thoes brakes that can be twisted on or off. Has
anyone used one, as I would never consider a perminantly ON muzzle break.

·
Registered
3,951 Posts
If you shoot a 45-70, a 300 Win Mag shouldnt be too much for you. You can also add a Sims Limbsaver recoil pad to tame it down.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im not worried about it hurtin, but as with the 45-70 Im only good for 10-15 rounds before my groups start to open up beyond 2in. Scoped rifles I like to shoot as much as I want and keep it inside 1in for target practice. Heavy recoil will give me a flinch after shooting a certain number of rounds.

·
Registered
488 Posts
My first .300 Win Mag was a Ruger M77. It would rattle your fillings loose if you did not know how to hold the gun. One box of ammo at the range was about the max before the flinches came on. It was a great shooting gun and very accurate.

My current .300 Win Mag is a Winchester M70 Classica w/BOSS. While the BOSS is loud, recoil is nonexistent. It kicks less than my 270. Great shooting gun and a tack driver.

Dan

1 - 4 of 4 Posts