Shooters Forum banner

Breech cleaning..

5022 Views 20 Replies 15 Participants Last post by  mutt
On my new, old 94, the crown is great and I want to keep it that way. I clean my Marlins from the breech after disassemble but can't seem to find online, really clear instructions regarding tear-down for the Win.
I'm very capable and can strip and reassemble my Ruger Mark 2 pistol for example but am unsure with this gun and don't want to screw up.
I guess my question is how hard is it to get the bolt out and...how are most of you-all getting the job done?
When cleaning from the muzzle, is there a preferred bore guide that is popular?
Thanks!
1 - 2 of 21 Posts
If you examine the RH receiver wall of your Model 94, you will find a small hole, just below the upper edge about 2" in back of the front receiver ring.

It is an access hole, to drift out the lever pin (similar to the lever screw in your Marlins).

Before the pin can be drifted out, however, a few other things need to happen:

The large-head plug screw, on the LH receiver wall, directly opposite the little drift hole, must be removed.

The lever/bolt must be partially opened - enough to align the lever pin with the hole (look through the left side hole).

After the pin's out, the lever & lower link will drop enough to manually withdraw the bolt out of the rifle towards the rear (you may have to depress the hammer) - and clean away to your heart's content. :)

Assemble in reverse order. :p :D

See less See more
No harder than re-installing the Marlin ejector (not hard at all).

1 - 2 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.