Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill get wright up more info on it lator, but i went to the range today and started off with this old 380 i bought from a buddy for 100bucks. Ive shot about 300 or so fail free rounds through it regular factory fmj no +P. I kept it in my truck glove box as a back up / truck pistol. I fired 3 rounds then the 4th round i pulled the trigger and noting happend and the firing pin indicator was showing ready to rock and roll. I racked the slide the round ejected i checked it there was no primer strike i attempted to pull the trigger again and noting. I cleared the gun and went home. I disasembled it and found a small metel retaining peace for a trigger part broke in half. Just glad it happend at the range and not in a situation where I needed it. Problem is I dont think i can replace the part. If if I cant i dont know what to do with it? Do I bring it to the sherifs Office and ask them to dispose of the gun, or what? Its nothing perty so hanging it on the wall would be retarted.

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
Zapzoo; My attitude on mechanical things: If a man can build it...and a man can break it....then a man can fix it! Anything mechanical is repairable! First off, what brand is the gun. Company's like Numrich Arms carry parts for a lot of odd ball firearms, or, is it a part that could be fabricated? I wouldnt give up hope if there is a solution. Hang in there buddy!

·
Registered
599 Posts
There is a part to fix it somewhere. I had my Grandfathers Colt Police Positive made in the 20's and it had a broken part and I told my gunsmith to fix it with a factory part. Well, 13 months later he called me and it was fixed and it took him that long to get a factory part. It cost me $30 in 1994 to get that done but it was worth it. I realize that this isn't your case with a family hierloom but someone can fix it.

·
Registered
2,733 Posts
I think I'd get a more trustworthy truck gun.

$100 is a great price for a 380 plinker, but I'd want
something in a larger caliber that will go bang every time you need it to.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts