Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to keep everyone informed- Winchester will NOT rebarrel an 1895 to .405 WCF. Per their Customer Service people it's "policy" that they won't rebarrel to another caliber and I'm not certain that anyone understood the case similarities of the .405 and .30-40. I faxed in a parts order for the barrel/receiver combination but I don't have high hopes that they will sell it to me; I'll post the results of that effort either way. Might be time to order a Douglas barrel and forget the semi-factory route.

Trey

·
Registered
144 Posts
Are you a Gunsmith or a FFL Dealer? They will sell to a gunsmith. They will also sell to a dealer as long as it is understood that the parts are going to be installed by a gunsmith. They will allow you to purchase the barrel provided the dealer/gunsmith uses your credit card.

I have ordered many parts from Winchester. The only ones I couldn't order were restricted to gunsmiths or had to be factory installed.

Good luck.

Hey, if you want to have a barrel with Winchester markings you can have the http://www.montanarifleman.com/ do it for you. Just a thought.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Strangely the barrel/receiver combination is not shown as an "FFL only" item (which I thought receivers always were) in the parts list, and a woman I talked to a couple of weeks ago said she could sell it to me. The guy I talked to last week said it could only go to an FFL. I guess it might get shipped depending on who gets the fax order.

If this doesn't work I might wait until the current run is discontinued in hopes that Numrich will end up with some barrels. Getting a .405 without the tang safety and rubber band hammer is starting to look like a painful proposition.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts