Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi, i need to replace my but stock on my auto 5 belgium 12 guage. i noticed there is no stock bolt like on my remington shotguns. i see screws on the tang but i am not sure which ones to remove and which ones to leave in. also are these screws all that holds the butstock on or is it glued also. please help as my original stock is cracked and i can't use my gun. signed, an old shooter

·
Registered
867 Posts
First make sure you have the correct thin bladed screwdrivers to keep from ruining the slots. Remove screw #44, then #69. Be very careful, the stock screw (69) may be stuck with rust. If it is, you're gonna need some help. Anyway, if the stock won't slide off, bump the back of the receiver against the top of your workbench, not your wife's kitchen counter. Ask me how I know this. This stock should slide off. Here endeth the lesson. Goatwhiskers the Elder

·
Registered
3 Posts
First make sure you have the correct thin bladed screwdrivers to keep from ruining the slots. Remove screw #44, then #69. Be very careful, the stock screw (69) may be stuck with rust. If it is, you're gonna need some help. Anyway, if the stock won't slide off, bump the back of the receiver against the top of your workbench, not your wife's kitchen counter. Ask me how I know this. This stock should slide off. Here endeth the lesson. Goatwhiskers the Elder
My first post here, glad to be aboard. I'm a senior member on Colt Forum being a snake wheel gun collector.

Thanks you for the valueable info on how to remove the stock and the big laugh from the wife's kitchen counter comment. Sounds just like something I would do...

I just recieved a well used old A5 from a distant family member and I'm also trying to date it. It is a Belgium made 3" magnum gun serial 6V 83323. Any help or advise on where to find when the gun was made will be greatly appricated.

Also it has a choke installed. Not sure if it can be original or not. It is stamped "Deluxe Poly Choke"

Thanks!! :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts