Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I would like to try a Williams WGRS rear peep(front needs .570 blade) on a BLR(450Marlin). With my older eyes, I'm hoping for a better/quicker sight picture. Anyone have any comments?

·
Registered
7,850 Posts
I have a Marlin .444S with Lyman peep sight and it shoots under 1/2" at 50 yds with my aging eyes. I think they are much better in that repect than the nice irons provided. Here's a link to a site that makes a rear peep that attaches to a Weaver base, that should also work for a BLR. By the way, I also have a BLR in .450, very nice guns!

http://www.xssights.com/store/rifle.html

·
Registered
50 Posts
Last year, I had a Leopold 4x M8 mini on my .358 BLR. I decided to change it over to the Williams peep & a fiber optic front. I've since unscrewed the aperture, & am quite happy with the result. I am on target much faster than ever before, can deliver a quicker followup shot, give up very little in terms of long range accuracy. Small adjustments can be a pain compared to clicking a scope turret, but everything else is a plus under most hunting situations.

With very little practice, you will begin to trust your eye/brain coordination, which will automatically center the front sight in the rear sight circle. It becomes a matter of putting the front sight on the animal, & squeezing the trigger.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts