Shooters Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Bill here is my experience with the BLR. Bought a 308 BLR in the early 90's . Love the gun , is balanced and light . I will never sell it. I then bought a 7mm mag around 1997 . It was one of the most accurate guns I had at the time. But it was the long receiver and 24in barrel and wasn't balanced the same as the 308 . So when the 300WSM was offered I traded off the 7MM. The 300 WSM was better balanced and accurate.

But this is why I got rid of it. It was absolutly miserable to shoot. The gun is much to light for the recoil of that round. So I found I never shot it.No more Magnums in light guns for me. All my BLR's are accurate. But if I were you and you want a little more punch I would get one in 358. It will kill moose and bear just fine. My neighbor shoots bear with a 30-30 with no problems. If I get another BLR it with be in 358. I have a Winchester in 356 (rimmed 358) and it is the best deer killing caliber I have shot for knocking them down. Gettin a BLR isn't a hard decision, but what caliber is. Good Luck !

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Looks like we ran into some issues. Please come back and try again later