Shooters Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 300WSM pistol grip but it is not the takedown model. I bought the Browning mounts which are actually Talley. The rear ring has no offset so it limits how far fwd you can mount the scope. I have a Nikon Monarch UCC 2-7 (now discontinued) on mine. I have also used a Leupold VX2 2-7. Also the rear sight can interfere with scope mounting. Both the scopes I listed will fit w/ the rear sight mounted but it is extremely close. You may not have those issues if you use the barrel mount. I don't know all the differences between the std model and the takedown. I would take the rifle with me to select mounts and scope as they are not as forgiving as the average bolt gun. As far as recoil goes it is a 30 caliber magnum in a light rifle. They have excellent pads and if the stock fits you it shouldn't be too bad depending on your tolerance. I've had heavier rifles with lesser cartridges kick me harder. I would rate felt recoil noticeably less than a 12ga slug. Having said all that BLRs are not particularly easy to shoot off the bench consistently but they are well worth it in the field. I tried a few different factory loads (all 180gr)as that is my practice with a new cartridge. None grouped over 2" for 3 shots. Loads it liked were just under an inch. Typically the first two touching and the third opening up a bit. Winchester loads made advertised velocity, Black Hills did not and Federal was in between. Mine liked Accubonds and Partitions but did not care for TSXs.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.