Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have citori that when fired it no longer switches to the next barrel problem seemes to have just started? No apparent breakage just have to manualy make the switch. any help?

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, Flatland:
You say there's no apparent breakage so I assume you've had the buttstock off and done a clean & lube? Does the Citori have a mechanical reset or an inertial reset? If an inertial is getting sticky a light target load won't reset it when a magnum load still will. Browning used a very sticky preservative on the B-S/S in the `70's. Mine gummed up on me and the dealer's gunsmith soaked it in kerosene for a month. That got rid of most of it, but a bit still seeps out and it needs a quick soak & relube every couple of years.

Ask these old boys. (Some of them are a bit off topic today :) )
http://www.trapshooters.com/cgi-bin/threads.cfm

Bye
Jack

·
Banned
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Sir,I have had the butt stock off and regret to say only gave it a short saok and claen guess I was just looking for the easy fix.I will go back and give it a real good soaking Thanks once again. Flatland

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, flatland:
Duh! I should have looked for this parts diagram first. http://www.gunuts.com/gunuts/images/16.gif

OK, the Inertia Block, #PO32272, resets the trigger so you can fire the 2nd barrel. It's on the upper left side of the diagram, below the selector safety button, #PO32300. It looks like it's right under the safety button on the assembled action. It's sticking or some part connected to it has a problem (broke or sticking). I can't tell how it works from the diagram, but the trigger has to trip the sears, #PO32300 and #PO32320, so some part has to shift from one sear to the other for the second shot.

Do a little dry-firing with the butt off. Pull the trigger to fire the first barrel, wiggle the inertia block back and forth, and try the second barrel. Hopefully you can see what's wrong.

Bye
Jack

1 - 4 of 4 Posts