Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
Both are nice rifles. I have the A-bolt stainless Stalker in 338 Win Mag, and have used it for 17 or 18 years on elk, moose, and deer. It has the 26" barrel. Nice for velocity, not so nice for over-the-shoulder packing and going through timber/brush. Drop plate with magazine attached is a nice feature to load the magazine.

I have a Steyr stainless in 7mm-08 w/composite stock. Nice handy gun, but I haven't spent much time with it, having only one mule deer to it's credit. It's a nice smooth action, and the safety is nice. I've never cared for the butterknife bolt handle, but it still works. Drop-out clip is convenient.

You won't go wrong with either. Pick each one up and see which handles and feels better to you.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I really like my Browning A Bolt in 270. I have the wood version, though. Shoots MOA or slightly better regularly.

·
Registered
486 Posts
I do not "own" either, but I have fondled them both. I would shoot the Steyr if it were my money.
Dan

·
Banned
124 Posts
I have replied to a few similar posts regarding steyrs. I got a pro hunter stainless in 7mm rem mag. lovely gun. nice to carry, awesome trigger, great accuracy, durable and easy to care for, great safety design. I will never sell mine. Go for the pro hunter.

·
Banned
296 Posts
I have a Browning A-Bolt composite stalker in 270wsm and I really like it. With factory ammo and no BOSS system it shoots moa all day with several different brands of ammo.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts