Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see from time to time browning firearms sold at discount ,with Digital green finished or rifles with a digital green stock.:)

For my eyes , these units have a bit too much white in the cammo pattern .Otherwise I guess one could get used to the pattern . Pictures can be seen on the web.
Have any one hear used or seen an A bolt with this patterned stock? Would you hunt with rifle ?

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Flashy dont bother me. The stainless on my 300 Win Mag is polished to a mirror finish, you could shave in the reflection. I'm still not convinced a deer can tell that shine, from dew on leaves reflecting. Atleast the dead ones haven't known !

So yes, I would hunt with it, without hesitiation. If you like it and it suits you, go for it. I also carry an OD Green Glock in .45 GAP, so I know what it's like to take on the bastard children.

·
Registered
704 Posts
I guess I am old fashon but I love the looks and feel of good old wood stocks and it seems they have a good aroma also. But each to there own.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The colour of the stock des not really appeal to me that much, so if that was the only thing , I suppose it could be painted .
It is a dura touch stock otherwise , so suppose this means the pistol grip and forarm have a softer material than the rest of the stock .

Does this hold up to use and weather change is the concern?

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gignital Green

Well I have talked myself in going to see this dealer and have a look .
Apparently they are "demo 's "from Browning and for a few hundred + off the regular price, one might follow me home.
With a warranty papers and the box they came in it might not be a bad deal

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well the update .
Bought this rifle for 550. Canadain , and it is as new as they come . Not a mark on it .
The only down side is as noted in the manual , you can not get any bug spray or solvent Etc on the stock for it will damage the Dura touch finish . It is soft to the touch , so guess you can get a good grip on it .
Overall fit and fuction of the rifle is very good . And this rifle comes up for me instantly as if it was custom built .A bushnel scope of the other rifle went on top -so probably off to the range next weekend .

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,467 Posts
could you post a pic Henry?

I'd really like to see the rifle.:cool:

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I do not have the means to take a picture but you can see what they look like sould you punch inBrowning Digital Green on the Web.
This is how I got a picture for myself

·
Registered
970 Posts
Wow...I like it. I would love on of those in .25-06.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts