Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I currently own a Browning stainless stalker in a .300 WSM with the BOSS. I sold it and have ordered a Browning eclipse M-1000 stainless in a .300 WSM. I changed because the boss felt like i could spend days tuning it to get it just right and i never did achieve a really tight group like the video shows. I was probably dialed into a 2" group after burning through quite a few rounds. Also, if i buy a different round then it is out again and I am not into reloading at this point in time. I just didn't feel confident with it. I was shooting at a 2 foot by 18 inch target at 500 yards with it on several occasions and it never felt consistent. I chose the eclipse because with the heavy, 26" barrel in a WSM caliber i think it should be plenty accurate for shooting way out there with a quality factory load. What do you guys think? any of you have your thoughts on either of the guns?

·
Banned
296 Posts
Iv talked to several people who said the BOSS system wasnt all that it was cracked up to be. 500 yards is a long way for shooting factory ammo but 2" at 500 yards is a pretty good group. The heavy barrel will be more rigid than your old barrel which should lead to better accuracy. For the best accuracy out of the gun youll have to hand load and figure out what the gun likes.

·
Banned
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Iv talked to several people who said the BOSS system wasnt all that it was cracked up to be. 500 yards is a long way for shooting factory ammo but 2" at 500 yards is a pretty good group. The heavy barrel will be more rigid than your old barrel which should lead to better accuracy. For the best accuracy out of the gun youll have to hand load and figure out what the gun likes.

Haha I meant 2" at 100 yards, then at 500 yards the gun was inconsistent. the group at 100 yards was probably 1.5" on a good day. I understand that is pretty good for factory, but once again, the BOSS felt never ending. I know the eclipse will be about 4 pounds heavier which will suck for carrying around. I think if I get a nice wide strap it should be alright though. Gun will probably weigh around 13 pounds for sure with scope and bipod.

·
Banned
296 Posts
Wow, 2" at 100 yards is not good at all, even without hand loads. There may have been a problem with the crown on the barrel or some other problem with the rifle. Hopefully your new rifle will be a better shooter. Make sure you break the barrel in properly (for instructions on breaking in the barrel search the forum). Let us know how your eclipse shoots and post a few pics when you get it set up. Merry Christmas!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts