Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was gifted a browning sa .22 and noticed the serial numbers did not match up. It started with 100A14. After much research i found it to be the 100th anniversary edition that was made in 2014. It appears to be a grade 1. I dont have much knowledge of these rifles but all I could find was the high grade 100th anniversary edition and apparently those things are very limited amd expensive. My question is what is a grade 1 100th anniversary edition worth? I cant find a thing online. The person who gave it to me never fired it and was her late husband's rifle. I'm about scared to shoot the thing if it may be worth a bunch. I'll just stick to my cheap ruger 10/22 for plinking in the meantime :)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!!

·
Premium Member
7,606 Posts
Not much data out there on a 100th commemorative. IMO, something <$1000, and probably more in the $800 arena for a grade 1, NIB.

·
Premium Member
14,352 Posts
Such guns are always worth more in the box and unfired. One reason I don't collect such things.

Reactions: Bong Son Buck

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah. Thats why i dont think I'd ever go out and buy a 1000 dollar .22...Guess I'm just gonna have to break her in on a squirrel hunt. What good is a rifle that stays in a box? Haha

But from the research I've done it seems 2014 could... being the 100th anniversary year... perhaps all the serial numbers that year were special and they put that on every sa 22 made that year. Atleast for the grade 1s...higher grade seems to have had limited production. Who knows. Just found it weird the lack of info available on the subject.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts