Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all, just wanted to report on the performance of the Beartooth 280 grain WFNGC. I'm happy to report that opening day Deer season was a success. The Beartooth bullet did just what they say it will do, put them down! Shot deer # 1 at about 30 yards, finishing shot for someone else. Deer # 2 shot at about 40 yards, while it was sneaking through the woods, dropped in its tracks, very impressive. I want to thank Marshall for his fine bullets and my order for more will be coming soon.

·
Registered
827 Posts
Was this in a .44 Magnum? Good to know my SBH will be effective. I can't wait till we move so I can get a start in handloading.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,461 Posts
Used this bullet last season in a Super Blackhawk as well, very impressive on a whitetail doe.

Joe, where do you hunt and how big were the deer... also do you have more details on wound channel (even if going from memory) and shot placement, etc., inquiring minds want to know!!!!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

In my hast to talk about the bullets I forgot some information. The gun used is a SuperRedhawk 44 mag. with a 9.5 inch barrel. I hunt in Northern Wisconsin. The first deer was one that had to be finished for someone else, about a 30 yard head shot, lights out. The other one was mine, about 40 yards away. Not a real bruiser, but a repectable eight pointer, he was behind some brush so my only shot was at the base of the neck, or about there. Missed the spine, but the shock of the bullet did the rest. The deer never moved from the spot I shot him at, from the looks of things I don't think the bullet even slowed down going through. The wound channel was about 1.5 inches or so, ruined the top of the near shoulder and the neck was also toast. The bullet left a good exit wound, but tracking was not nessasry. The recipe I used is the 280 wfngc, and 22.5 grains of H110. Hope this helps.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts