Shooters Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post, so please don't kill me. I've had this question for weeks, and I've not been sure who to ask since I know I would get polarized responses.

I'm thinking about purchasing a precision rifle. Maybe a Howa HCR, building my own HOWA 1500 on a chassis, RPR, Savage Stealth.. I've had really great results on .223 with my Mossberg MVP-FLEX.. I traditionally use shooting as a way to de-stress. I love how sitting at a bench and shooting can take my ADHD stressed-as-f*ck brain and center it into trying to pile bullet holes on-top of each other. It's not unknown for me to drop 200-300 rounds at the range when I go shoot at 100, but I want to also shoot at 300-400 as well ( as the opportunity arises, because it's Virginia and no one seems to shoot very far here ).

With a precision rifle ( ideally .308, but I'm open to other calibers ) I want to shoot relatively cheap ammo ( .50 cents a round or less ). I wish Hornady still make their Steel match in .308, ( I get sub-MOA out of my MVP Flex with it in .223 ). The cost of a barrel is less than the cost of good ammo.

Any recommendations? Also, I've noticed a sharp increase in the cost of ammo, and I'm guessing that with Trump's trade war, costs are only going to go up, so I'm thinking long-term here. I don't want to be dropping $100 just to shoot 100 rounds ( I'd rather shoot 200 ). Am I asking for a unicorn here?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.