Shooters Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
here is a pic of my bullet proofed chrony. drinking straws for sighting guides from the dollor store.
a quick sunscreen from a plactic pail.
jb

·
Registered
13,246 Posts
Rube Goldberg wants to shoot next!

All kidding aside, you definitely put some work and some thought, into that contraption...and it looks like it would work great! What I have to wonder is, did this come about because you actually shot your prior chronograph?? I have used mine for archery and guns for almost 20 years and not had an incident. I guess *if* I do, I'll be sending you a message to get plans for this solution. :)

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well it's a long story. i've had this for quite a while actualy. look closely at the defector.
i'll post a pic of my old chrony. i have seen quite a few of these new aluminum rod chrony
get hit and it breakes the photo eye. gas checks come of ,flinch, and just plain miss.
i built this for when i was young and foolish, now i'm old and foolish.hehe. i was trying to make a
375 H&H shoot 5000 fps. yea i know. i've been called what squirells eat. any how i was drilling
barnes x bullets to make them lighter and i made a punch and die to stamp out base plugs
for the drilled bullets. when fired the base plug would fly allover the place. now u know the rest of the story. i got to 4600 fps and quit. i had the old chrony on a weight to keep it tucked
in ans a string to swing it out to read it. now i just added the mirror.
jb

u can see the jar of the bullet plugs and some drilled bullets.

·
Registered
388 Posts
here is a pic of my bullet proofed chrony. drinking straws for sighting guides from the dollor store.
a quick sunscreen from a plactic pail.
jb
I've thought about fitting a piece of plexiglass over the display screen. I shot my first Chrony when a patch from my round ball muzzleloader busted the display and my current Chrony has a chip in the display from a hunk of bullet lube.

Also, what's with the "car" thing in the background?

--

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
HB ; that car thingy is a small 3 wheel electric car that i built last winter. pedal assit so
no plates or insurance required. chinnese scotter back end, EMT tubing and nylon rain
jacket material for covering.
jb

·
Registered
7,842 Posts
I kindly like that side-view mirror! Here in the States, we always put one on both sides, and a rear-view in the center, but that one's ok! ((( :D )))

Good job, Jbunny.....

·
Banned
1,002 Posts
There are only 2 catagories of chrono owners:
Those that have shot their chrony and those that have yet to shoot their chrony

·
Banned
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
yes; those that have and those that will. i'm trying to stay in the second part of that
saying. this thing came about because of my 2 piece bullets and now i won,t use my chrony
without it.:)
jb

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
23,915 Posts
Had the gas checks come off some cast bullets from a rifle and squarely hit the rear sensor. How it got passed the first one, I'll never know.

On the two Chronys I owned, used small wooden dowel rods from the hardware store to hold the screens. One shot on the metal rods cracked the sensor case, but still functioned. Decided not to take the chance on really breaking something after that. Even with the Pact PC2 I have now, always put a marker on the supports for the crosshairs of the scope so as to not shoot lower. Have seen several other chronographs that got plugged by low shots.

·
Registered
388 Posts
HB ; that car thingy is a small 3 wheel electric car that i built last winter. pedal assit so
no plates or insurance required. chinnese scotter back end, EMT tubing and nylon rain
jacket material for covering.
jb

I respect a man who built his own car just to keep himself busy through the winter!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts