Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Inactive
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently acquired an interest in the new(er) Burris Eliminator range finding scope. I was looking for any input as to the quality,dependability,and accuracy,of this relatively new product from Burris.

Take a gander at the scope and how it works at the Burris website. Interesting.

Thanks for any input. -----pruhdlr

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,196 Posts
Man, I used to have a 6x18 Burris (old model made in Denver) with a rangefinder in it. Had a stadia wire below the crosshair and when you bracketed a deer back to belly, the range was indicated on a scale on the lower right of the reticle. Worked great as long as you had a standing, broadside shot at something.

Have a several Burris' now, a 3x9, 2.75 and a 4x14 that are of the Burris' assembled offshore. They all perform well.

·
Premium Member
7,587 Posts
pruhdlr,
I have the predecessor, the 4-12x42mm Laserscope. Looks like the Eliminator has some additional electronics. I put mine on a Rem 700 SPS 243 Win and I have no complaints about it. I've posted a pic of it mounted on the rifle on some thread about mounts here on the forum. I can recommend the one I got.

·
Inactive
1,626 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Guys

I am especially interested in the Eliminator because of the aiming point that it automatically gives you without another hands on thang. One of my questions/concerns is that I will be able to calibrate it for my hand loads in a 28" 7mm Rem mag,shooting 130-140's super fast.

This is the first/only range finding scope of it's kind with this "advanced" feature,that I know of. The application will be power line ROW yotes,deer,and hogs.

Good Shootin' -----pruhdlr

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.