Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This question is specifically about Ruger M77, so I hope this is the right forum.

My wife, bless her heart, really tried to get me what I wanted for Christmas; a set of low rings for my Ruger. However, not knowing anything about guns, she got medium. I happened to have an extgra set of medium rings that came with the rifle, so I compared them to the Burris.

The Burris are at least 1/8" taller than the Rugers. If this is indeed how Burris compares to Ruger, and these haven't been mis-marked, if I returned these, the low ones would be about the same as the Ruger Mediums I already have.

Does anyone here actually have the Burris rings for Ruger, and are they taller than the OEM rings?

(I like the looks of the Burris; the mounting screws are recessed torx head, and don't have the big attachment krurled knob that the OEM has. Plus the Burris are half the cost of the Rugers.)

·
Registered
930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I sent Burris Customer Service an email and am awaiting reply.

The Burris still have the little tang, not fully rounded like the OEM, so I think I'll just return them and get an 80% refund after restocking fee.

BTW, the torx screw I was referring to is the screw that attaches the rings to the receiver, not the screws that tighten the two halves of the rings. The new Rugers (at least the 2008s) still have the large knurled round knobs with the single slot to tighten.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.