Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I would appreciate any feedback on personal use of the Burris Speed Dot on a 870 12g. My application is pig control from a helicopter. As line of sight is down stock pad is up this begs the question, will the Speed Dot be in a user friendly position?

When mounted on a Weaver side mount rail a Tasco PDP 3 or an Eo Tech are satisfactory.The attraction of the Speed Dot is its low mounting and compact design. No doubt great on the ground.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,225 Posts
With not too many of our members shooting from a helicopter, guess that's one of those questions best answered by actual application. The line of sight is supposed to almost duplicate that of using the rib and bead. Try sighting with just the open sights and see how it mounts and feels.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kdub, thanks you have given me an idea. I have a 19" IC deer barrel with the standard high profile sights.One would assume these would be close to the dot position of a Speed Bead. This barrel is yet to find a suitable slug that is reasonably accurate at 50-60yds.
The primary barrel is a 22 inch vent rib Rem Choke with a Carlsons "Dead Coyote" extended choke. It likes 00 better than No1 buck

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke 16th-century

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.