Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Super Moderator
8,652 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can I just say that I send my very best wishes to all those Aussie hunters in particular but to all those Aussies effected by these horrible bush fires and hope that our membership here backs that up.

·
Elk Whisperer (Super Moderator)
10,598 Posts
Indeed, to all our mates down under, stay safe

RJ

·
Premium Member
2,768 Posts
Good point fellows!
I heard that the fires were set on purpose.
As a species, we suck!

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
The news is saying 100 people arrested for lighting fires but a fire fighter twitted that is sensational bunk.
People are lighting fires but sounds like the majority are accidentally started.
Were we went for Christmas hasn't grown back since the last ones , it is incredible in my life time it has gone from big fires being just stories to every ten years or so to every summer.
We have a red sun during the day because of the smoke from Tasmania and I believe New Zealand has it from New South Wales.
We could not see a fox in the spotlight at 70 mtrs Monday night because of the smoke ,no idea if it was an Angus cow or a fox until we got close enough for it to run away.
It was like this for weeks when I went through the fires at merryjig ,luckily it came in against the wind.
Comisserations to every one going through it.
On the flip side of humans sucking there is the awsome effort of people banding together to help out.
I expect round bales will go past $200 for good hay like they did last year , between the drought ,water board ,price of feed and fires ,farming for a lot of people is getting beyond a joke.
So is the idea of living in the bush ,I suspect the large increase of people living a Naturalist life style has contributed to the accidents that start fires .
Plus the the very short window of opportunity to burn of due to the dry conditions.
Aside from the effects on people it is very sad to see our bush lands being ruined ,it grows back but in the meantime there is a lot of cooked critters and desolate country to live with.
Choked out creeks and rivers .
It sucks.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts