Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, im looking for a decent scope to put on a rem 700P, that wont kill my wallet...Has anyone had any kind of experience with these? Are the turrets resetable? and are the adjustment clicks right on everytime?

·
Registered
354 Posts
Have a Bushnell Elite 3200 3-9x40 mounted on my Model 70 .270 and love it. Can't comment on the elite tacical 10x but been thinking of one of these for my .222 because of the great function of my 3-9.

·
Registered
817 Posts
I had one mounted on a 700 Varmint rifle I used to have. They are pretty good for the money and yes they have the resettable tactical style turrets. You may also want to look at the Super Sniper scopes at www.SWFA.com . They are a little more money than the 3200s but I like them better. They have parallax adjustment, Mil-Dot etched reticle, 30mm main tube and the glass is a little clearer. They will gather more light and allow for more adjustment range for those longer shots if thats what you are looking for. They also come standard with tactical style turrets. I have one mounted on a heavy barrel AR-15 upper. There are a lot of people that use them for budget minded tactical style rifles and SWFA is a good company to deal with. They have the exclusive contract for these. They have the Tasco name on them but SWFA states that they are not actually built by Tasco. I guess they are just imported by them and marketed under their name. I don't know about all that but they are a good scope for the money, better than any Tasco I've ever looked through. SWFA has a "sample list" section on their website where they sell used, demo, factory reconditioned, etc. scopes. if you keep an eye there they often sell these for around $249.00. They don't have any 10x on there right now, all they have is a 20x. They come in 10, 16, and 20x fixed powers.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Yes I do have some expirence with the Elite 3200 10x40

I have one on my Savage FP10 in .308 and another on my Rem 700 in .243. Both scopes work well and are very repeatable. The turrets are able to be reset to zero once you have it sighted in.

For the $$ they are good scopes, IMO

·
Registered
466 Posts
Have you checked out the Millet Tactical scopes? I mounted one on my 10FP and love it, didn't break the bank either.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Very nice scope, probably the best buy out there in a Tactical scope.

The only complaint I have is I don't like the exposed turrets, I want caps over mine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have the 5-15x40 tactical and love it on the ar-15 only thing I wish it was side focus (and yes the turrets are resettable to zero)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts