Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since our muzzleloader season is roughly 1 month away, I have began my yearly ritual of upgrading hunting components that failed me last year. This year the list includes a new scope for my TC Omega and I have chosen the Bushnell Trophy XLT with DOA 250 reticle. On their web page it shows this scope as having 5 inches of eye relief. To me this seems like a little much so to counter act the eye relief Im contemplating buying a scope mount with extra eye releif. Particularly the DNZ scope mount that is designed for scopes with 4 to 5.3 inch eye relief. If anyone has had to deal with this in the past or has any suggestions Id be more than glad to hear them.

·
Registered
13,290 Posts
I'm trying to picture a situation where 5 inches of eye relief would present a problem, when mounting the scope. Personally, I have always had difficulty mounting scopes BACK far enough...seems like you could use regular bases and rings, mounting the scope a little further forward than those with less eye relief?

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The biggest problem is that the mounting screws are close together towards the back of the barrel (not the greatest design in the world) and standard 1 piece mounts for it put the rear ring directly over the screws thus stopping any forward movement of the scope. The extra eye relief style offsets the rear ring forward allowing you to move the scope farther forward.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts