·
Registered
27 Posts
Filing charge

The cost for me is $0.0.

·
Registered
667 Posts
Mine was $30, but that went to AFTE, not the local LEO. The local sheriff's office doesn't charge me anything.

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,735 Posts
You don't have to "file" it, you just give it to them. Unless your state has different requirements than federal?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I've never heard of this. I was only required to mail him a copy of my application. I didn't even have to get a reply, and didn't.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
I'm getting ready to send my application into ATF. I have just have to mail copy 2 to them with a letter stating I'm getting one.

CD

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
Gives you a FFL to collect Curios and Relics, get discounts from wholesalers and buy guns across statelines going directely to your house. Only cost $30 for 3 years.

CD

·
Registered
332 Posts
C&R License allows you to have qualifying firearms sent directly to your house. You have your own FFL number, you just aren't a DEALER, you are a COLLECTOR.

Firearms must be 50 years old or otherwise satisfy the criteria of a curio or relic. One example is the CZ-82 pistol in 9x18mm Makarov. They are only 25 years old, but qualify because there is one in a museum at West Point and someone was able to convince someone in charge that all examples should qualify. At least that's the apocryphal version I heard anyway.

MidwayUSA, Brownells, and other suppliers will give you the same discount that they give to dealers and gunsmiths. This alone paid for my license long before I ever ordered any guns with it.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
What are the requirements for the C&R License? At one time looked into getting a FFL but couldn't stomach the requirement that my private firearms had too be listed in the BATF firearms log book starting out. I viewed that as nothing more than registration of your firearms for big brother.

Since then I started collecting and at times it has been an inconvience too my FFL dealer. Most are over the 50 year age limit so would be convient. Was just at a gun show this last weekend where the BATF had a booth set up. Talked to the personnel about several things but no mention was made of that subject.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Firearms already owned prior to your C&R never need to see your log book. There is no issue with selling the firearms either unless it gets pretty obvious that you are doing it as a business.

There is no registration per se. The BATF can call and make an appointment to see your log book, just like the IRS can make an appointment to see your tax records. You give up no rights to your home.

The requirements really aren't any more stringent than being a decent adult human being and legal resident.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Well that was painless for the present. Wonder how long the lag time is between application and approval. Guess we'll find out shortly. Thanks for the link Combat Diver.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well that was painless for the present. Wonder how long the lag time is between application and approval. Guess we'll find out shortly. Thanks for the link Combat Diver.
Seems like it took about three weeks to get mine back. It takes three times longer to get a CCWP here in NC than a C&R from the Feds.:D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts