Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you've read my remarks about my past experience with Cabela's you might remember that I have been "Luke-warm" towards them for years. I will say that they have definitely made the grade with their most recent contact with me. I recently returned a set of 10" Elk Hunter boots, made for Cabela's by Danner. I had had these boots for 13 years, and had received them as a gift from a hunting partner. I had only worn them maybe a dozen times, and they were just getting tolerably broken in. I had been trying to wear out another set of boots that I really loved, and consequently hardly had occasion to wear these "new" boots much. Anyhow, the air-bob sole completely delaminated from the boot while I was deer hunting this past month. I contacted Cabela's, and explained that I thought the boots should be repaired or replaced, since I had not even had a chance to wear the shine off the soles. I was advised to mail them in, and enclose a letter stating my concerns. I would then get an "evaluation' from the Cabela's staff on the merits of my claim. I wrote them a note and told them what I expected from a set of 300.00 boots. Long story short, I got a brand new pair in the mail today, free of charge. I definitely can't complain. I'll give them more of my business after an effort like that.

·
Registered
488 Posts
Not only did they make you happy as a customer, but you are now telling others about your positive experience = MARKETING 101

Dan

·
Registered
13,291 Posts
That's pretty amazing, to give you a new pair on a textile product that was 13 years old! I think a lot of times they take a look at the defective product, but also look at your personal list of invoices, before making their decision. ;)

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That's pretty amazing, to give you a new pair on a textile product that was 13 years old! I think a lot of times they take a look at the defective product, but also look at your personal list of invoices, before making their decision. ;)
In this case I think it was a look at the invoices of the friend that gave them to me. He spends a lot on gear every year.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts