Shooters Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Banned
126 Posts
Nogun,

I AM a lawyer, and it is not the state law that you need to worry about. They vary from state to state. The Federal law, however, prohibits ANY felon, among others, from buying or possessing a firearm. That includes blackpowder. You might want to check with the U.S. Attorney in PA for a definitive answer, as that is the office that inforces the law. The new version is called Project Safe Neighborhood and has a very high priority with the White House to inforce the existing laws.

Sorry.

dclark

· Banned
126 Posts
There is a difference in the laws which regulate the sale of certain firearms through the mail or interstate commerce and the weapons that can be possessed by certain classes of folks. That is where the confusion comes from.

dclark

· Banned
126 Posts
Noguns,

Let me add one other possible option. In some states there is the possibility of "expunging" a felony record under some circumstances. I have NO idea what the law might be in PA and unless you ask a private attorney, nobody is going to volunteer that information. Your convictions appear to be for fairly minor felonies, so you may have an opportunity. I don't know, but it may pay you to ask a criminal lawyer about it before you quit looking for a solution.

dclark

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.