Shooters Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,367 Posts
Noguns,

Indeed you've got an unfortunate situation, and as others have pointed out, getting that statute revoked or overturned on your behalf is well..... probably not in your lifetime.

However, there is another light at the end of the tunnel that you might explore. I don't know what the statutes are in PA, nor how the laws governing convicted fellons and firearms are administered. However, I do know that here in Idaho, there are a number of folks who, in the past have made some poor decisions in their lives, and like you are prohibited from owning firearms. They have managed to get provisions made through the judicial system to allow them to own, and posess black powder arms. They hunt with blackpowder rifles and shotguns, and a couple of them even keep cap and ball revolvers as well.

ATF doesn't classify blackpowder muzzle-loading guns as "Firearms" by their own definitions, through that, as I have been lead to understand the folks I make mention of in Idaho have used that basis of definition to let them be allowed blackpowder guns. I don't know if it's possible in PA, or even how they managed their posession provisions in Idaho, but in light of your situation it might perhaps, be a viable option.

Good luck, and God bless,

Marshall

· Premium Member
3,367 Posts
Indeed, observation well received. I only mentioned the black powder alternative, simply because I've known three different individuals who apparently had some stipulations in their particular instances, where they were allowed BP weapons... as I stated in my earlier posts, I don't pretend to know anything about how that came to pass. Also, as it's been pointed out, it appears that individual states handle the statutes in their own fashion.

As suggested, CHECK YOUR SOURCES, then RECHECK YOUR INFORMATION!!!

Hope you can give us all a good report!

Marshall

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.