Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

i am a NEW Member. A gun owner who has never shot a gun. I inherited my dad's guns 15 years ago, and am interested in seeing what one particular one is worth. Any help help from you and estimated asking price, and where I may be able to sell the handgun SOON. I'm not sure of its age. It IS in mint condition, and I doubt if it has ever been shot, as my father usually used his .38...

I know there are local gun shops everywhere, but I don't know if there are other options. I also DON'T know if there are any LEGAL ramifications. Your help would certainly be appreciated. The handgun in question is as follows:

Mitchell Arms Corp.
.44 Magnum, Single Action Revolver
Army Edition
6" Barrel Length
Fixed Sight
Finish: Blued

I look forward to any input. Thank you, folks!

3rdRock

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
you may be able to go to www.gunbroker.com, type in the firearms info in the search engine and see if they have some like that that are selling. Also you can google "gun values" and some sites will come up, but I think that you have to pay a fee for using them.

·
Super Moderator
3,816 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Glad to see you here and hope you post often. I moved you post here where it may get mote attention. Please read the sticky at the top of this Handgun section regarding gun values. Take care. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
Hi everyone!

i am a NEW Member. A gun owner who has never shot a gun. I inherited my dad's guns 15 years ago, and am interested in seeing what one particular one is worth. Any help help from you and estimated asking price, and where I may be able to sell the handgun SOON. I'm not sure of its age. It IS in mint condition, and I doubt if it has ever been shot, as my father usually used his .38...

I know there are local gun shops everywhere, but I don't know if there are other options. I also DON'T know if there are any LEGAL ramifications. Your help would certainly be appreciated. The handgun in question is as follows:

Mitchell Arms Corp.
.44 Magnum, Single Action Revolver
Army Edition
6" Barrel Length
Fixed Sight
Finish: Blued

I look forward to any input. Thank you, folks!

3rdRock

Welcome to the board !

FYI, any firearm is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it - TODAY (not whenever).

You should surf online gun auction for the same revolver in like condition, that has recently sold - paying little attention to unsold items that have "asking", "opening bid", or "buy-it-now" dollar amounts, which are not values ! They are simply what some seller would like to get for whatever.

The best way to sell your revolver would be to take multiple clear pic of it & and accompanying boxes/papers/etc, then with a detailed written description (read many descriptions to get the hang of what's needed), place the revolver on one of the guns-only auction websites (like gunbroker, gunauction, etc) for a one or two week duration.

The online sites will give the widest possible viewing audience a look at your gun, which translates into the widest possible audience of buyers interested in acquiring it.

YMMV, but I've always been successful by starting my auctions @ $0.01, with a hidden reserve I was comfortable with for that particular firearm.

Since you're unfamiliar, US Federal Law prohibits direct firearm transfers from a private individual to any other unlicensed (Federal Firearms License) person from a different state than yours - which means a buyer must not only pre-pay (you) for the gun, but must also provide you the FFL-holder on their end to receive the gun.

FYI, revolvers cannot be mailed by a non-FFL, they must be shipped (UPS, FEDEX, etc), so those transfer costs should be kept in mind when setting up your advert.

Good Luck !

·
Registered
21 Posts
Blue Book shows a value of $425 at 100% condition, they stopped making them in 1992 with an MSRP of $495. But like it has been pointed out it's really only worth what you can get someone to pay you for it. Last one I seen sale went for $280.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts