Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to help identify what looks to be a 1890-1920 era double rifle, having a very limited knowledge of firearms I wonder if anyone could lend a hand. This is a double rifle the owner is using 25-35 cartridges in to fire form them into 6.5 x 53R for reloading. on the side of barrels it has a small crown over an "N" and the word "nitro" and what looks like a small German eagle crest in front of the crown. it is in excellent shape and has a compartment on top of the stock that opens housing additional cartridges. the scroll work is very fine and not the heavy vine type seen on the very ornate rifles. We were thinking it might be of Belgian origin but I cannot find anything like it anywhere. His family acquired it in WWII somewhere near Remagen and it has quite the colorful past. it's all original too and shoots like the bullets are on rails.

Please feel free to email me offlist if you have any ideas as to what this is.

·
Registered
316 Posts
Without pictures the only thing you can get is a guess. My guess is a guild-gun proofed pre-WWII & possibly issued as a survival gun to a (German?) flight crew.

See? Wasn't that enjoyable, even though it has no real basis in fact?

Thanks a bunch, you've been a great audience. I'll be here all week....

·
Registered
475 Posts
Clearly it is a Nitro-German-Eagle-N. That was easy. ;)

Without pictures and with that description it could be anything made in Germany. And, word is Germans made a lot of rifles.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts