Shooters Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My used Lyman Flintlock showed up today from The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium in Oregon. Canadians can buy and ship flintlock longuns into Canada easily. It took about a week and a half and was cheap. Finally a Canadian can access the better supply situation south of the border.

The folks at The Gun Works were excellent and I can highly recommend them from my experience.

My .54 lefty flinter Deerstalker is all I could have wished. Sparks fine and is in new condition.

Going to be some sulphur smoke around here this weekend!

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Good luck with your new flintlock. They sure are a lot of fun to shoot. Keep your flint sharp and your powder dry. Keep us posted..

·
Registered
480 Posts
Congradulations Bob. The Gun Works are great folks. Use to deal with them everytime they came to the gun show at Cal-Expo in Sacramento, California. Your Deerstalker should be a good one. I have a .54 GPR flinter and it's great. Another thing to remember, REAL black powder ONLY! These sub powders won't work. They don't call they "sub" for nothing. Enjoy!

·
Super Moderator
3,831 Posts
Good choice

Post some pictures if you can. I have a Lyman .54 Deerstalker, a .54 Trade Rifle and a .54 Great Plains Rifle all are flintlocks. All the best...
Gil

·
Registered
3,267 Posts
My rocklocks are a .50 Austin & Halleck Mountain Rifle and a .54 T/C Renegade - and they surprised me with such instantaneous ignition !

I'm sure you'll enjoy your Deerstalker.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll post pictures once I make some smoke! We are in a deep freeze right now. The temp hit colder than -40C this week. For you guys in the south that is -40F as well. More scientifically known as a surgical method for altering brass monkeys.

Canadian response to Global Warming; what's taking so long!

·
Premium Member
1,683 Posts
My used Lyman Flintlock showed up today from The Gun Works Muzzleloading Emporium in Oregon. Canadians can buy and ship flintlock longuns into Canada easily. It took about a week and a half and was cheap. Finally a Canadian can access the better supply situation south of the border.

Glad to hear that, I hope it stays that way too.

The folks at The Gun Works were excellent and I can highly recommend them from my experience.

My .54 lefty flinter Deerstalker is all I could have wished. Sparks fine and is in new condition.

I'm a fan of Lyman myself, glad you are happy with yours.

Going to be some sulphur smoke around here this weekend!
Be sure and tell us how she shoots, looking forward to pics too if you can manage some.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts