Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got back from sighting in my Win. M-94 Timber Carbine .444. I can't believe it! At 98 lazer range finder verified yards it blew the "X" ring out of an NRA Official 100yd small bore rifle target. It was a 6 shoot string of fire. 4 shoots in Z shape literally blew the "x" ring paper out of the target and two shots traveled in to the 10/9 ring at 4'oclk! The whole string was no more then 1 3/8 inch long by less then 2 callibers wide. The load was remington factory and the scope was a L. Vari-x II 1-4x set at 4x. the bad part is I will NEVER be able to shoot this gun again. Might as well sell it with this target, 'cause I can't shoot this well!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts
If this is a problem, send it to me and I'll take REAL good care of it for you.
Mark

·
Super Moderator
3,365 Posts
Glad that 444 shoots so well! Although, I don't recall ever hearing of any 444 that didn't shoot well. It just seems to be a very inherently accurate cartridge.

I'll look forward to hearing good reports once you start handloading for that little shooter.

Have you stuffed any cases with the bullets we sent up your way?

God Bless

Marshall

·
Registered
362 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am going on a moose scouting/caribou hunting trip next week in my SuperCub and plan on taking a few of the 355gr loads as bear back-up to the 164 Rem factory loads I have left. I will let you know how they shoot next week.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts