Shooters Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Inactive account
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone interested in collecting cartridges would appreciate the "International Ammunition Association" website.
No sales or trades,but plenty of informa++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++tion.
Frank
You can join the organization and trade.

·
The Troll Whisperer (Moderator)
24,196 Posts
Finger get stuck, Frank? :p

·
Banned
1,069 Posts
I agree with Frank but then I am partial, I am an IAA member. Its a very strict website, allowing only technical post about ammunition and ordnance items but there are some really knowledgable folks there. Forum members include folks from all over the world who contribute regularly. Just don't ask them what a cartridge is worth! But there are links to dealers and auction sites where you can see what similar cartridges bring.

BTW, members get a quarterly IAA Journal that is full of neat stuff on cartridge collecting so if you are serious about collecting, you would like the membership I think.

·
Inactive account
2,572 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey!
I don't know how I did it,I just did it.
The people there are really knowledgable;but I stumped them.
I have some cartridges that are IDENTICAL to those made by Winchester 1n 1882,except that they have NO headstamp.
They MAY be cartridges made on the same contract,after the specifications were changed.then.(Rifle Cartridges now had 500 grain bullets)These cartridges would now be usable in the Carbine,with the 405 grain bullet.
They also might be COMMERCIAL cartridges made at a later date.
Frank

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.