Shooters Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gentlemen
I'm an avid cartridge collector. I have over 400 different calibers in my collection. I'm looking for the following calibers: 300 Rem Ultra Mag, 338 Rem Ultra Mag, 375 Rem Ultra Mag, 7mm Dakota, 450 Marlin, 7mm STW, 500 A-Square, 495 A-Square, 440 Corbon, 475 Wildey, 3mm Kolibri, 577-500 Magnum Nitro Express, 450 Rigby and 500 Jeffery. Also if anyone has anything unusual I'd probably be interested.
Thanks
Dave

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,406 Posts
I have one or two fired .300 Rem Ultra Mag cases that a friend found at the range.  If you want them you can have them, send me a note via the message service.

·
Registered
20 Posts
            I have some 444 MARLIN once fired cases (100 cases) if interested let me know.
                    Thanks Ruben

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Changeling
As slow as I type it would take me hours to list all my cartridges. In general I have just about every caliber of commercial cartridge manufactured since the early 1900's. I actually picked up all of the Ultra mag line except for one this weekend. I have all of the current American rounds except for the new 300 SA Ultra mag. and most of the obsolete American rounds as well. My only gap in the British Nitro Express line is the 577-500 Magnum Nitro. (not the nitro- for-black version, which is more common). My collection includes most of the European rounds from the '40s on. I don't really collect wildcats. Right now I'm focusing on the proprietary cartridges like A-Square, Lazzeroni, JDJ, Canadian, Dakota, etc. I appreciate everyone who has tried to help.
Dave Saye

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,406 Posts
Dave, sounds like quite an impressive collection.  We may have to call upon you from time to time for measurements on obscure cartridges!

·
Beartooth Regular
7,768 Posts
Hi, Guys:
  Here's the dimensions of over 1300 cartridges:
<a href="http://www.fireflysoft.com/FSoft/CartInfo/CartSearch.asp

" target="_blank">http://www.fireflysoft.com/FSoft/CartInfo/CartSearch.asp

</a>   The late Norm Walden had quite a few Canadian Magnums for collectors. Doug Rayner, Rayn'er Shine Gunworks, Lancer, Sask, 306-689-2654 got a lot of his stuff, including lots of brass for obsolete calibres and the dies for same.

Bye
Jack

1 - 8 of 8 Posts