Shooters Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a case with headstamp CBC 18 and a +. I was able to find out that CBC is an ammo manufacturer in Brazil. But I don't know what 18 means. It is very close to a .308 but just a few thousandths longer. Is this .308 or possibly a military version of .308?

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I have a case with headstamp CBC 18 and a +. I was able to find out that CBC is an ammo manufacturer in Brazil. But I don't know what 18 means. It is very close to a .308 but just a few thousandths longer. Is this .308 or possibly a military version of .308?
I am not sure if what you have is a military .308 or not or what the "a+" could be, but I feel certain that the "18" means that the case was manufactured in 2018

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,321 Posts
CBC = Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos. The brand name in the US they use, is Magtech.
"18" meaning 2018, and the "+"being most likely the NATO cross.
So it's 7.62 brass.

Cheers

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
CBC = Companhia Brasileira de Cartuchos. The brand name in the US they use, is Magtech.
"18" meaning 2018, and the "+"being most likely the NATO cross.
So it's 7.62 brass.

Cheers
I've never loaded .308 or the 7.62 equivalent. So can this brass be used for either (with case prep/trimming)?

·
The Hog Whisperer (Administrator)
36,130 Posts
I would expect it to be fine. Do look carefully at the inside of one of the cases, to make sure it isn't Berdan primed. If it is true mil-spec brass, it may have a crimp around the primer pocket that needs to be removed. Just a couple of things to watch out for.

·
The Shadow (Super Mod)
7,321 Posts
I've never loaded .308 or the 7.62 equivalent. So can this brass be used for either (with case prep/trimming)?
Yes. I've been using NATO & commercial brass in Painless, for decades. As Mike pointed out, make sure it isn't Berdan primed, deal with the crimp as needed; then FL size and trim. You'll be all set.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts