Shooters Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Never tried the Velositor before but I have made my local gundealer order in some of them
so I can try them.
I have high hopes for them but I would like to know a little more about the Velositor.
I have never seen or heard of them before.
Just found the name in a catalogue a week ago.
Can you tell me a little about this 22

·
Registered
3,312 Posts
I've been using them for a couple of years. They hit MUCH harder than any other .22LR round. Judging by sound on ground squirrels, CCI Mini-mag HPs go "whap." WW PowerPoints go "whop" ( a step up). Velocitors go "TWHOP!"

·
Registered
7 Posts
Sounds like the one for me.
Is there anyone who can tell me about bullit weight , speed and such

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
They might hit hard but I don't find them very accurate!?
I find the "Power Points" and the "Yellow Jackets" much more accurate!, and the PMC "Zappers" are some of the most accurate 22's Ive ever shot.

·
Registered
12,617 Posts
Keep in mind fellas that what's accurate in my 22 may not be in yours. 22's can be fickle machines.

·
Registered
2,537 Posts
The Velocitors have the Gold Dot bullet in 22 rf form. It should expand at any velocity. There was a 22 mag version at 50 grains but it was dropped. Its a shame because it would expand to 40 cal when fired from a 1 and 1/2 inch barrel. I got 1175 fps from a 5 and 1/2 inch S&W model 22S autoloader with the 22lr Velocitors.

·
Registered
38 Posts
wrench man, i used to have a bunch of pmc zappers n i agree they were accurate. i lost em in a fire n i cant find em anymore.dont think pmc makes .22 ammo anymore.if they do let me know or if u have a number for pmc .thanks.

·
Registered
1,402 Posts
wrench man, i used to have a bunch of pmc zappers n i agree they were accurate. i lost em in a fire n i cant find em anymore.dont think pmc makes .22 ammo anymore.if they do let me know or if u have a number for pmc .thanks.
Word over on RFC is that they are a thing of the past, to bad I only have a couple hundred rounds left:(

·
Registered
38 Posts
wrenchman, mine were all lead cant rember wght. came in a yellow box with other colors onit maybe red and white does that sound right?

·
Registered
1,402 Posts

Attachments

·
Banned
2,380 Posts
i make no secrete about the fact that i think the velocitor adds a new dimension to a 22 rifle..
so much so that all my 22 s shoot it accurately.... where as standard velocity calls for about a 6 inch holdover at 115 yds .. the velocitor calls for less than 2 inches ,although 2 is book onum.. im high every time i holdover that much in calm weather....

·
Registered
61 Posts
I sure like those Velocitors, as well. I chronographed them out of my 10-22 one time, along with the Stingers. It set the chrono at 100 yards. At that distance those two rounds had equal Velocity. Big difference in power between the two.

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
the tougher and heavier bullet in the Velositor is the big advantage over some of the more hyper stuff out there, the other stuff is faster but not as big bullet size and not near as tough (read penetration). try some wet phone book test with them and other 22 rounds and you'll see the differance for your self pretty quick. and yea 22's can be finicky but even in guns i have that shoot something else much better, the Velositors still don't do bad. they do very well in all but 1 of my rifles, they are very consistant for me, and the rifle it doesn't do as well in still shoots them more than good enough for it's use. i've mentioned this before and i will again, Ruger told me (i called them to ask a couple years ago) that the Velositor and the Stingers where not recommended for the Mark II pistols. i still use them occasionly in mine but i am doing it at my own risk. it shoots them very well and i can't stop myself.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
At one time I had a Winchester 9422 that liked the Stingers.....it shot them very accurately, and I used them exclusively.... sold the rifle, and now have a 541-T Remington....have been shooting the CCI Mini-Mag hollow pts in it because they run thru it accurately, but have missed the speed and trajectory of the Stingers.... will have to try the Velocitors now....

1 - 20 of 20 Posts