Shooters Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New member here.

I recently purchased the Century Arms semi-auto version of the Uzi - the UC9. It's chewing up a lot of my brass. The bottom of the cartridge has the impression of the extractor stamped on many of the casings. (But not all of them.) ALSO, many of the primers appear to have the bottoms pierced by the firing pin. You can see the pin hold and the black powder residue around the holes. Some have both. This wouldn't be a problem EXCEPT that I reload my own ammo. That's about the only way I can afford to shoot these days. Any constructive suggestions or opinions about how to correct these 2 items will be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
867 Posts
Check firing pin protrusion, also see if it's smooth. How hot are your loads? An awful lot of folks today seem to think they have to load at maximum. GW

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!

Thanks for the info. I'll check for the firing pin protusion. Also, my reloads are not really hot. I usually go with the middle loads, unless they are NOT cycling the action correctly. Then I gradually increase the weight.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey, I know this thread is a little old, but I was curious what you found out about this. I am having the same problem. My brass is stamped and the rim is bent. Also my primers are punctured. I have had nothing but problems with my UC-9 since day one.

·
Super Moderator
3,799 Posts
Welcome to the Forum

Bravo3,
Glad to see you here. Perhaps you should send a PM to the original poster to get an answer to your question. All the best...
Gil

1 - 5 of 5 Posts