Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with the Century Arms rebuilt H&K G3 or L1A1 .308s?

I am not big into military rifles but the idea of 20 round mag full of .308s and the less than $500 price tags I have seen on these rifles in my area have me a little interested.

However, I have learned the "You get what you pay for" lesson before, so I am hesitant.

·
Beartooth Regular
1,116 Posts
I've seen a couple at local gun shows and they are quite rough. Just looking at them makes me seriously question their functionality.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I have a century FAL from a couple of years ago, it shoots well enough but I had to do a fair amount of tinkering to get it to run. Hesse doesn't do a good job of following a blueprint when they make the receivers. The newer ones look really rough.
Mark

·
Registered
3,124 Posts
My local dealer had some of the 91 clones, and even wanted to sell me one early on. I asked them what happened to all the HK clones after a few months. My usual salesman referred me to the owner that had initially tried to sell me one for an answer. He told me that out of the 10 they had, they all went back to the distributor with the threat that they would purchase no more arms, of any kind, if a full refund was not issued for the weapons in question. Apparently 1 in 5 run OK, but the accuracy is poor on all samples that my particular dealer had, many of which where taken back from customers to keep them as customers. I haven't heard, or had experience, with FN parts guns. These guns are all "parts guns". As with many things, you usually get what you are paying for.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts