Shooters Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my search for the ultimate handloading press I came across a company called CH4D.  They have an "H" Press and a Pistol Press that both appear high quality.  Can anyone offer any opinions?  (the Pistol  has a powder measure, primer feeder and dies; the other is basic).  I like the features very much.  Could be used on any strong table.  4 die holes. Been around for decades (the company, not me.  Well, umm, actually that would be true for me too!). How about their dies? Would really appreciate any knowledgable responses.  Thanks, Scott

·
Beartooth Regular
1,184 Posts
Hello Scott,

Check your e-mail.

CH is now CH/4D as 4D bought the old CH Company out. Their dies are of a high quality and so are all their tools. They don't have the pricing power of the larger companies but that doesn't reflect on their product quality. 4 D also makes hundreds of reloading die calibers including wildcats.

The H press is a very good press but is probably pretty uncommon today. It was made years ago to compete with the turrets that were popular back then. Progressives of the day were not quite perfected and left a bit to be desired in some areas. The Pistol CHamp version can be thought of as a semi-progressive press with some manual operations required.

Best to decide what type of reloading you will be doing and see which press will satisfy your needs.

You will need up to 4 shellholders for each cartridge you will load on the H press too. Sizing can only be done at the station between the two posts where it is the strongest and not prone to deflection.

I like mine but use it mostly for small and moderate amounts of pistol reloading. The spacing between the die holes is a bit tight at times also.

Regards

:cool:

1 - 2 of 2 Posts