Shooters Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to this forum and maybe this has been here before. I am expanding my use of cast bullets and find myself wanting to use different lubes for different uses. Is there an easy way to change lubes in a Lyman 450?

·
Registered
4,740 Posts
. . . I am expanding my use of cast bullets and find myself wanting to use different lubes for different uses. Is there an easy way to change lubes in a Lyman 450?
Not that I know of. IME, lubes come either sticky or solid. Once they go into the lube reservoir, they tend to stay there until completely used up. You can take the lube out when partially used, however, that requires scooping or melting it out. Not what I would call an "easy" way to change lubes in ANY lubrisizer. Perhaps someone will respond with a method, in which case BOTH of us will learn something.

·
Banned
1,404 Posts
Only way I've found is too heat the body until the lube flows out. Usually wait until its about empty before doing this unless something needs fixing. I solved this major problem by buying additional luber/sizers at gun shows when there a bargin. One had been bubba'ed so it became parts source for the others.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts