Shooters Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well another one bites the dust. Hopfully they will be bought and start selling them again in the future? Glad Winchester came back maybe they will too. Thats the rumor.

http://www.charlesdaly.com/

To all our friends, fans, supporters and consumers of Charles Daly and by extension, KBI products, I regret to inform you that the rumors of our demise are true.

KBI is going out of business and closing its doors, effective today, January 29, 2010.

I don't want to go into each and every detail as to why this has occurred, except to say that there have been a multitude of events over the past five years that have contributed to our current situation.

For those of you with ongoing service requirements please be advised that we are currently negotiating with several companies that will be performing after-sale service of Charles Daly, CD Defense and Jericho firearms. As soon as we have finalized a contract with one of these companies we will post the name, address and contact details of that company on www.CharlesDalyForum.com, so you will know who to contact to obtain service on your KBI firearm.

Again, I wish to thank all of you that have supported our company, Charles Daly and all the other fine firearms that we have sold over the years.. This spells the end of KBI but I imagine it will certainly not mean the end of Charles Daly® and CD Defense™. Look for this excellent brand to resurface in the very near future.

Sincerely,
Michael B. Kassnar, President
K.B.I., Inc.

·
Nawth East Moderatah
5,428 Posts
I own one of their shotguns, a model 106 over/under.

It's my 'take out in the nasty gun'. While it only ran about 400 bucks, it's quality and workmanship are aces for a turkish import. Never fails to fire, and shoots as well as my Beretta White onyx.

It's a shame another company has gone under.

·
Banned
1,398 Posts
I have quite a few of there products in my 22 Hornet collection. Rifles made in the Phillipines, European countries and others that I'm unsure where manufacture took place. As you indicated there quality was what some would call top shelf. I believe when Remington negotiated to sell the 798 and 799 lines of firearms really hurt Charles Daly.

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
The Charles Daly name has been owned by several companies through the decades, and KBI has been out and in to business at least a couple of times, if I recall. My bet is they aren't gone forever...

·
Registered
750 Posts
I have one of their tactical shotguns. Very good for the price point, a brand new shotgun with a pistol grip shoulder stock and ghost ring sights for $285? Its just hard to beat.

I doubt anyone would let all those machines and tooling go to waste, someone will get a deal on the set-up and start making them again. Its not like its tough to sell inexpensive guns right now...

·
Registered
3,262 Posts
Just about all of CD's guns have always been produced overseas, although I believe they have advertised their Hi Power clone as made in the US. In the same way, many guns formerly sold by Sears Roebuck sold under their brand names, but Sears never made a gun -- Winchester, Marlin, et al did.

"Charles Daly" has never been, in the modern era, anything but an importer's brand name, and it has had several owners. I don't doubt there'll be another.

·
Banned
502 Posts
I have never owned a CD, but havs shot some of their ammo, not top notch, but really good.

Jerry

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
CD Defense did put out a mil spec AR. Sorry to see them go.

CD

·
Registered
161 Posts
Sorry to see them go myself. I have a couple of their last Chuck Daly marked Zastava 98 Mauser actions. They were very helpful in assisting me track them down.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Sad, but not surprised...there goes that Queen song, playing in my head. :(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts