Shooters Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy, Pilgrams,  I understand Charter Arms has a new .44 mag D.A. 2 1/2 inch barrel handgun out. Any body got any information on or about it??? Looking forward to some replies on it.  GRIZZZ.

·
Beartooth Regular
5,218 Posts
Hello Mr. Grizzzz,
I don't have any real info on it, but it does seem Charter is really making some noise this year.  The introduction of what appears to be a really fine bolt rifle and their new 44's.  Check out Gun Blasts web site for a review on the rifle, here's Charter's web link.
http://www.charterfirearms.com/

·
Registered
302 Posts
Grizzz383
Used to have one of the old Charters in 44spl. made a great gun to carry in the woods, 3 rounds of snake shot 2 rounds of some home grown. Changed to 1 rd of snake shot and 4 of home grown ifin I had to go to the Big city. Gun got a lot of use in the field on Rattlers, but was lucky never had to use it in the Big city. Last I saw of it my nephew carried it as a backup gun on one of the PD's in the Bay Area. Wished I handent sold, it now looks like I can get another one. Makes a nice carry gun in the Woods or City (got some mean Snakes in both places).

Enjoy

Gun Runner

·
Beartooth Regular
1,116 Posts
I hope the latest incarnation of Charter Arms does a much better job on these guns than in the past. I owned three over about a decade, two Pugs and one with the standard barrel. With all three trigger pulls were excessively heavy and gritty, to the point that one was virtually useless for DA use. The guns quickly wore out with regular use. Now some will say this is the kind of gun that gets carried alot and shot little. Baloney! If anything, such heavy-recoiling, lightweight and hard-to-fire defensive handguns need to be practiced with more than full-size pistols. The big guns are easy to use, snubbies like the Bulldog are anything but.

Beyond the questionable quality of these little guns, I would not suggest one simply because of parts and service questions. Will the latest Charter be here tomorrow or next month? From their track record it's doubtful.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts